I know some of the news that has come out of this weekend has quite possibly put a damper on some of your spirits, but worry not! We’ve got Craig Wescoe on tonight to talk about Pro Tour Shadows Over Innistrad as well as the Organized Play announcement that has bummed a lot of people out. He’s one of the people DIRECTLY affected by this since he’s a Platinum Pro himself, and he’s relentlessly positive about the whole thing. So everyone just calm down and look on the bright side! Wasn’t this Pro Tour awesome outside of all that? YEAH IT WAS!
MNM Hosts This Week
Chewie Slate from Mana Pool Productions & TheManaPool on Youtube, @TheManaPool
Bill Bloodworth (Squee) from Enchant World, @SqueeGoblnNabob
Aaron Lacluyze (Cluze, Dr. Science) from Card Advantage, L2 Judge, @lacluyze
Craig Wescoe, Platinum Pro and Writer for TCGPlayer, @Nacatls4Life
This Week in Magic and other MTGCast News
– Pro Tour Shadows Over Innistrad coverage
– Organized Play announcements (all the bad news)
– Organized Play announcements video, with special GP Charlotte bit at the end
– Why there are no Modern Pro Tours anymore
– Vintage Super League Season 5 postponed
– Matt Sperling’s response
– Jon Finkel’s response
– Brian Kibler’s response
– Enter the Battlefield documentary comes out, is bittersweet
– The judges’ lawsuit
– The WotC response to lawsuit
– Helene Bergeot’s response to lawsuit
– The inevitable Reddit thread about lawsuit
– Community Super League…yay?
Intro/Outro music: Justice League Unlimited Theme by Michael McCuistion
Sign up to help support MTGCast!
Chewie, Cluze, Squee, & Wil Blanks – The Monday Night Magic News Team!
And thanks as always to Wil Blanks (@HairlessThoctar), who works behind the scenes to make sure we always have plenty of stuff to talk about each week!
Brought to you by Mana Pool Productions
Support Chewie on Patreon